Turkey day is almost here! If you’re anything like me, I have guests arriving this week and our house is all a bustle to get things ready for hosting for 7 days. Hosting any guest for a length of time, takes a bit of work. With some forethought, prep can go quickly and fly by. Today we’re sharing a checklist and few of our must-have extras. I’ve been binge watching the Netflix show, Stay Here, and love giving my guests the VIP treatment. It means waters in their room, a few gifts just for staying, great books to read, and some extra space in the closet. It’s the simple touches that show intentionality and go a long, long way.
Maybe you’re hosting guests for the first time or the hundredth. Regardless, you’ll find our checklist below.
Keep reading for the full printable after the jump!
- Towels in baskets
- Extra linens
- Maps of hiking trails, attractions, printed city guide on clipboard or iPad
- Extra phone charger
- Bottles of Voss water for refilling
Some other extras we like to make ahead – Snacks and more snacks
- Breakfast for first morning’s arrival (we love this nutrient rich egg white scramble with homemade toast)
- Soups and stews for easy weeknight dinner
- Quick snacks like roasted nuts, marinated olives, and fancy cheeses (we love using recipes from The Yellow Table cookbook)